I don’t know about you, but suddenly everything in my closet is somehow feeling a bit too snug.
Skinny jeans? No thanks. Sleek sheaths? Pass. Leather leggings? Errm, no. Maybe it’s the
every-other-day occasional summer soft-serve talking, but I’m all about oversized everything for Fall. Comfortable. Chic. Cozy 2.0.
Are you into this aesthetic?
leather trousers $279 | ribbed dress $79 | animal tee $49 | kimono wrap dress $137 | flatforms $64
Banished for the past decade as decidedly (and unfairly!) passé, flares and bells are back in a big way for Fall and beyond. If you’re bored with your Skinnies and Boyfriends and craving are a more femme silhouette, scoop up a pair or two of these uber-flattering jeans for Fall.
light $32.67 | mid wash $90
Are you ready to rock flares again, or are skinnies and boyfriends too ingrained in your style DNA to revisit this look? Let’s discuss!
Call me crazy, but unless it’s straight into a cab to the restaurant or venue, I rarely wear high heels on vacay. I like the idea of spontaneous exploration, which doesn’t include debating how far I can walk until medical intervention (it burns!!) is required. Below are my top picks for a pain-free walk in the park, wherever your adventures take you.
1. Pixie Market 2. Kurt Geiger 3. Ivanka Trump 4. Vince 5. Attilio Giusti Leombruni
1. Jin Soon Metaphor Nail Polish: How perfect is this deep green? Definitely my favourite hue for Fall.
2. A Girl Called Jack: I’ve been following this thrifty food blogger for a while now and her resourcefulness never ceases to amaze me. When Jack (a woman), was faced with the harsh reality of feeding herself and young son with a very meagre unemployment income, she was forced to get creative in the kitchen. Every meal under £1 (approximately $1.60). Inspirational stuff.
3. Zara Jumpsuit: The perfect blend of slip dress and jumpsuit, this piece is the perfect addition to my Fall PM wardrobe.
4. Pumpkin Spice Everything: Lattes and muffins and scones- time to step up my workouts! Eek! Although I’m usually not one for Halloween, I am one for sweet treats, nutmeg and cinnamon in regular quantities. If they were meant to be enjoyed in moderation, then they would be available all year. (Right?!)
5. Shoptiques Ankle Booties: Textured, buckled and pointy- I think I’m in love.
Ladies, we thought we were going hell for mixed leather options last Fall, but apparently that was a mere sampling- it’s on everything this year! Be it faux or the real deal, there’s no escaping a little skin this season. Are you still keen on this combo?
1. Zara Faux Leather Combo Skirt
2. H&M Jersey Leggings
3. Vero Moda Sweatshirt
4. Rebecca Minkoff Skirt
5. Danier Leather Jacket
Colour-blocking is truly a frugal gal’s lifesaver. If you’ve only got a certain amount of cashmoney to blow this fall, let it be on a handbag that will get the most mileage: the colour block bag. With tons of colour combos available right now (at every price point!) there’s one that will pair perfectly with anything and everything in your wardrobe. What’s your go-to versatile handbag?
3. KATE SPADE
4. REBECCA MINKOFF
I saw these puppies (too easy!) all over Paris last year, and it looks like our retailers have jumped on the trend for Fall 2013.
Who doesn’t love a cute sweater for Fall? Practical, adorable and great conservation piece! Doggonit, I love them! Which is your favourite?
1. Joe Fresh
2. J.Crew Factory
3. C. Wonder
If there’s one print that practically screams “Fall!”, it’s plaid. The heavy print is perfectly complementary for cooler temps (can you imagine wearing plaid in the summer?!) and there are so many chic offerings available right now. What you about? Are you mad for plaid this Fall?
1. H&M Trousers: Scottish tartan is my absolute favourite plaid. How cool would these trousers look with a black or oxblood tasselled loafer? Perfect fall combo.
2. ASOS Zip Pencil Skirt: A pencil skirt with a centre zip is universally flattering.
3. Kate Spade Handbag: Fluoro yellow for Fall? Paired with houndstooth and gold hardware, it works.
4. Zara Coat: Oversized, plaid and oxblood, a.k.a Fall 2013 home run hit.
5: Aritzia Shirt: The feminine cut of buffalo-check shirt keeps it from straying into Al Borland territory.