Diet Coke and Karl Lagerfeld. Ladurée and Nina Ricci. Fashion blogging and beer? Fashion is all about collabos, so sit back, relax and get ready for a major craving.
My journey to brewski love was a long and unexpected one: I didn’t have my first full bottle of beer until I was 27 years old. Why? Well, I’d like to say I was teetotal (#nothappening), but the truth was, I liked the hard stuff! Vodka, rum, wine- if you could pour it over ice, swirl it, or adorn it with an umbrella, it was probably on my list of weekend indulgences. My aversion to beer could be put down to pure disinterest, until one fateful night at an overpriced restaurant, I discovered the beauty of beer.
‘Twas a hot and steamy night, and my inner wino was calling out for a cold, crisp glass of pinot gris. After perusing the menu and deciding that $15 for the “cheapest” glass of wine was simply too much, I spotted the $6.50 bottle of Peroni. I ordered the beer. It was crisp. It was tasty. It wasn’t bloating, and I actually liked the taste! It was a turning point. I was no longer a beer virgin! As my discovery of beers expanded, it became evident that light beers were my thing, and can now offer 5 Fab Beers For Summer. Thirsty? Read on.
1. Blanche De Chambly: Crisp and light, with aromas of citrus and spice, this Quebec beer is widely available in Ontario and never disappoints. The perfect summer beer.
2. Ožujsko Limun: When life gives you lemons, make a yummy fruit beer! I discovered this delicious brew a couple of summer’s ago while on vacation in Zagreb. The taste is sweet, with a hint of tart lemony sourness to it, making it the perfect sipping beer for a hot day on the patio.
3. Kronenberg 1664 Blanc: The French have great taste, and this beer is no exception.
4. Rickard’s White: Ah, Rickard’s White, or as I like to call it “The Poor Man’s Cocktail”. This beer is often served with a slice of orange floating on top, and that’s just how I like it.
5. Dos Equis: I won’t stay thirsty with this beer! The Most Interesting Man In The World commercials piqued my interest, and dinner at awesome Mexican restaurant sealed the deal for my love of this crisp brew. Perfect paired with tacos or anything spicy.
Am I missing a great one? What are your favourite summer beers?